This site has been tested (both mobile and desktop) with a collection of tools for this purpose. Also, the site has been manually tested for adherence to accessibility guidelines. Each time the website is updated, compliance is re-tested to ensure continual adherence to WCAG 2.0 AA. Published accessibility guidelines leave some points up to interpretation, and good judgement is required to attain compliance. We have reviewed WCAG 2.0 AA guidelines and believe this site is in compliance.
We believe in usability and accessibility for all users and made an earnest effort to ensure everyone can use this website.
This site includes 3rd-party content including Google Ads, Stripe dialogs, and emails. Pursuant to the Conformance section of the WCAG 2.0 guidelines, such content is out of the control of this website may not fully adhere to WCAG 2.0 AA. The WCAG 2.0 AA specification accepts such third-party content as “partial compliance”. All such content is isolated from the primary website.
Additionally, when available, Mailinator allows the viewing of any email in “text only” mode, which removes all formatting.
Testing Tools (Non-comprehensive List)
- Google Chrome Lighthouse
(This tool is run as part of the deploy process on every website change/update)
- WebAIM – Web Accessibility Evaluation Tool
- Khan Academy’s Tota11y Access Visualization Toolkit
- Pa11y – Comprehensive Accessibility Testing Tool
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0
- W3 Accessibility Guidelines – which explains the reasons behind each guideline
- W3 Accessibility Techniques – which explains how to implement each guideline
- W3 Accessibiilty Checklist – A busy developer’s guide to accessibility